Last year's Bead-It-Forward pattern challenge was a great success. We received and shared more than 20 beautiful flower-themed patterns, and when the squares started arriving in our offices, it was clear that beaders everywhere were using them. So we've decided to hold another pattern challenge this year. Here's how it works:
- Design one or more aquatic/shoreline/beach patterns based on our 2014 theme, "Turn the tide on breast cancer." The pattern, when stitched, must measure 1.5 x 1.5 inches (3.8 x 3.8 cm), and please stick to stitches that can be graphed (like peyote, loomwork, or square stitch). You can see a few patterns we've already posted if you click here and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- If you're graphing your pattern with computer software, email a JPEG or PDF of the pattern to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You do not have to send a photo of the final stitched square - but you may if you wish!) Don't forget to include your full name in the email.
- If you're graphing your pattern on paper, mail a color copy to:
P.O. Box 1612
Waukesha, WI 53186
Submit your graphed pattern by November 30, 2013, and we'll pick a handful to publish on our website, blog, Facebook page, and email newsletter during the month of December. Published patterns may then be re-created by other beaders participating in the Bead-It-Forward bead-quilt project. You could see multiple versions of your pattern in the finished Bead-It-Forward quilts and gifts! How cool is that?
Now for the unavoidable fine print: We'll attribute the published patterns to their designers (of course!), but keep in mind that by submitting a pattern to the Bead-It-Forward Pattern Challenge...
- Your pattern(s) may or may not be selected for publication. Pattern(s) that do not meet the criteria above may be disqualified. Pattern(s) will not be returned.
- Should your pattern(s) be selected, you are agreeing to let Bead&Button publish your pattern(s) on our website, blog, Facebook page, email newsletters, and other channels available to us.
- Should your pattern(s) be selected, you are agreeing to let individuals and groups copy and recreate the pattern(s) to their hearts' content. You will have no ownership over the squares individuals and groups make from your pattern(s).
- You will not be financially compensated for your pattern(s) nor will you receive documentation for tax purposes.
Any more questions? Leave a comment below! And then get graphing!