October's about halfway through, so it seems like the perfect time to update you on the 2013 Bead-It-Forward project. Here's what's happening with this exciting endeavor:
- We're receiving Bead-It-Forward squares in the mail, and have just topped 10 (including staff submissions). The deadline is March 1, and the guidelines are available here.
- We've received emails and phone calls from around the world telling us that individuals and groups are busy stitching up their squares. We're expecting to get more than 1,000 squares this year!
- We have three patterns for you to download, stitch, and submit.
- We're receiving submissions for the Bead-It-Forward Pattern Challenge. Winners will have their designs published through our website, Facebook page, and email newsletter for other beaders to recreate.
- The editors are busy drumming up support and supplies for the making of the Bead-It-Forward quilts, shadowboxes, and other items.
And before we get too carried away with the 2013 Bead-It-Forward project, the remaining 2012 quilts and shadowboxes are currently being auctioned online. Watch the Bead-It-Forward eBay page to bid on the items as we post them one by one.
Finally, if you haven't "liked" us on Facebook, do so soon for regular news on the Bead-It-Forward project. Or check back here next month for another update!