Your top 10 favorite online projects!
Here at Bead&Button, we have a saying: "Our readers are our rock stars." That's because you take our projects, inventively make them your own, and then give us great feedback about what you love and what you want more of. Last month, you showed us that these were your top favorite free and subscriber-exclusive projects at BeadAndButton.com. If you haven't seen these yet, take a look at what your peers have been stitching!
- "Hip to be squared" (right) by Judith Hind -- This subscriber-exclusive project was posted January 1, and already it's rocketed to the top with 8,601 page views! This bracelet features Tila beads in an unexpected arrangement.
- "Picket fence" by Samantha Mitchell -- Another Tila bead bracelet...do I sense a theme? This project was created by an up-and-coming designer and is free for anyone who uses our site.
- "Crystal ribbon" by Nancy Zellers -- This bracelet might be in third place, but it's been high up on your top-10 list for many months now! It's also free to all.
- "Ruffles and flourishes" (right) by Lilian Chen -- Like "Crystal ribbon," this bracelet has been a perennial favorite freebie. Lilian's inspiration was a wedding dress -- got any upcoming summer weddings you need gifts/accessories for?
- "Mosaic medallions" by Liz Stahl -- This free-for-everyone earring project didn't remind me of Easter eggs when we posted it in October, but a new season means we see things with new eyes!
- "Catching cabs" (right) by Glenda Payseno -- This subscriber-exclusive bracelet puts a new spin on bezeling cabs (using netting, not peyote), working them into a bracelet (the band's not even Ultrasuede!), and capturing a favorite gemstone (turquoise).
- "Chained medley" by Jane Danley Cruz -- Associate Editor Jane got her hot little hands on the 2012 Bead&Button Show commemorative bead by Michael Barley, and this free necklace project was the result. You can use any special focal bead to make the necklace, or order the commemorative bead here.
- "Grape clusters" by Irina Poddubnaya -- If I was a pun person, I'd call this necklace "vintage," but how about I just say it's fun, it's colorful, and it's free to all?
- "Raised expectations" by Abby Cobb -- This casual right-angle weave bracelet has been a hit (and free) since we posted it in 2009.
- "Beaded bead caps" by Amy Johnson -- Top a big, beautiful bead with...more beads! The project is free, the technique is addictive.
- "Reversible chain reaction" (right) by Vanessa Walilko -- Did I say this was a top-10 list? Why not add one more. Many of you have told us you're interested in trying new jewelry-making techniques, and this free chain mail project proves your point!
Remember, these were your favorite projects last month. What projects will you be stitching in February? Not to throw the vote, but might I interest you in our newest projects, posted February 1?
Want to leave a comment?
Login or register for an account to join our
re: Your top 10 favorite online projects!
Wed, Feb 8 2012 3:03 PM
Thanks so much for all the free patterns! Love It!
This denotes premium Bead&Button
magazine subscriber content.
Learn more »